Tuesday 3 January 2012

Giving the player a bit of character

So far the player UFO just slides around the map. It would be nice to have some sort of animation. Something like the UFO spinning around.

I think you can pre animate models and then play them in XNA, not sure though I've not really researched it.

My needs are simple, I Just want to rotate the 3D object through the Y axis and my base3Dobject already has a rotation property. All I need to do is add to this value every game iteration and my 3D object will rotate as the world matrix of the object takes scale, rotation and position into consideration.

Now the player UFO spins around when I run the game.

But now I'm getting some strange collision detection issues. I can cut right into the buildings and sometimes when I land I drop through the building.

What's going on? I've only changed the rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment