Tuesday 3 January 2012

Quick test on the xbox

Well you need an App Hub membership to push any game code to the Xbox or Win Phone 7. If you're lucky you can get a free one for personal use whenever Microsoft do their Indie game competitions.

Or you can pay the £65 a year for a license (only worth it if you're going to attempt to sell games on the Xbox!)

Anyway, I do have a membership and I want to make sure what I've done so far works on the Xbox. I don't want to suffer the same fate as my 2D tile based engine, where I spent months tweaking and sweating over it to make it great, only to find out it doesn't work at all well on the Xbox because of the difference in garbage collection on the xbox to the PC!

After a quick check, it all seems to work fine so far, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment